Semester VIII - X
CORE ROTATIONS (MINIMUM 20 WEEKS)
- Small Animal Medicine – Includes Preventive Health Maintenance/Community Practice (4 weeks)
- Small Animal Surgery – (4 weeks)
- Medical Services – Includes Anesthesiology (2 weeks) and Diagnostic Imaging (2 weeks)
- Diagnostic Services – Includes diagnostic Pathology (2 weeks), Diagnostic laboratory (2weeks)
- Large Animal Medicine and Surgery (4 weeks)
DEFINITION OF TERMS:
Elective: is an evaluated rotation that is not required as part of SNU core program, or required by the affiliate to complete the DVM program. Many institutions define electives as non-core on-campus rotations or clerkships. Normally students will receive a grade (associated with a course number) after completion of an elective rotation.
Externship: is an off–campus supervised and evaluated learning experience. Normally students will not receive a grade after completion of an externship.